Saturday, October 31, 2015

Book Review: Love by the Book

Love by the Book: A NovelLove by the Book: A Novel by Melissa Pimentel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Publication date: February 2015 by Penguin Books
Source: Netgalley review copy

This book is about a woman who decides to follow a different dating guide every month as a kind of experiment. It was a fun premise, but I feel it could have been a lot better than it was.

Lauren was not at all likable for me. I couldn't relate to her at all. I thought she was also quite dumb. It was really hard to care about her when all we really get is that she works at a museum, wants a meaningless relationship, and smokes all the dang time. I didn't get much more about her personality and thoughts and even why she feels certain ways.

But overall it was an enjoyable enough read. I try to rate books based on their genre and what they're meant to be. This book is supposed to be fluff. And it did its job. I have read much better chick-lit though.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment