Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Book Review: Pretenders

Pretenders (Pretenders, #1)Pretenders by Lisi Harrison
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I think reading reviews on Goodreads, and knowing ahead of time that the book just abruptly ends, really helped me not to be as bothered by that as I otherwise might have.

I realized pretty early on that this wasn't really my thing, but at least it was semi-entertaining. I wanted to read it to see if it's something my teenage daughter my like to read. After finishing it, I'm still not sure if she'd like it.

I think the whole thing was pretty forgettable. I won't be anticipating the next book, and will likely forget I even read this by the time the next book came out. I think the author could have done a better job of making people excited for the next book without just stopping in the middle of the plot.

*Received a copy of this book from Netgalley

No comments:

Post a Comment