Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Review: Steelheart

Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm pretty convinced by now that Brandon Sanderson is the best author out there. For one thing, he writes really well. His books are interesting, and I haven't read a bad one yet (and I've read them all).

Sure, there are plenty of other authors out there who also write really well, but they take years to write those good books. Brandon Sanderson doesn't suffer from that problem. It's possible that somewhere along the way, he made a deal with the devil, and that's how he's able to write so often and so well.

As for reviewing this particular book, it's really good. The whole time I was reading, I was thinking I could totally picture this as an action-packed movie. So I wasn't too surprised to see, in the acknowledgements, that they were working towards making it into a film.

The pace never really slowed down, and although I thought sometimes the characters were a little too quirky, I didn't hate any of them. Except the bad guys, of course.

I would definitely recommend this book, and I think it would be a great one to get your teen or pre-teen boy reading, if they aren't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment