Thursday, October 31, 2013

Book Review: Crown of Midnight

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been having a lot of good book luck lately. It's quite nice. This book was absolutely fantastic. It started off a little rough. I honestly couldn't remember much of the first book, and therefore felt a little lost. Things weren't really clicking for me.

But I'd say about halfway through, everything came together. I became very invested in the story, and didn't want to put it down. I love when this happens, because it is so very rare anymore. This is an epic type fantasy with a little bit of mystery to it. The layers keep unfolding, and it kept me turning pages.

As I got closer to the end of the book, I was dreading it. I didn't want it to end, and hate having to wait for the next book. It was definitely a cliffhanger, but not the type that feels like the author just stopped writing, like some cliffhangers tend to be. There was a definite ending point to this story, but I want to know what happens next so very badly.

There is a little bit of romance in the book, but it was the very best kind. Just enough to draw me in, but not enough to overshadow the story. I highly recommend this book to readers of YA fantasy, but of course, start with the first book, Throne of Glass.


No comments:

Post a Comment