Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Book Review: The Heretic Queen

The Heretic QueenThe Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Publication Date: September 2008
Source: Library

I really loved this one. I know most historical fiction isn't entirely accurate, but I love reading about different periods in history in such a fun way. Some historical fiction is really dry, but The Heretic Queen was an easy read that was hard to put down.

I often feel uneasy reading historical fiction, especially stories about women. They rarely had it very good, and you know bad things are going to happen to them. And then there are a lot of catty women in these stories, and this one is no exception. It makes it hard to read sometimes, while at the same time keeping things interesting.

Even though I find ancient Egypt really interesting, I didn't know much about Nefertari. She was a fun character to read about, and was very strong and just pretty darn awesome. I would love to read more about her in the future.

I think this is my second book by this author, the first being Rebel Queen. I liked this one better, but I will definitely be reading more of Michelle Moran's books in the future. She's a great author that makes history seem a lot more accessible.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Amazing book I really like to read this one. Thanks for sharing your valuable words. highest paying job in criminal justice

    ReplyDelete