Monday, May 9, 2016

Cookbook Review: Tasting Rome

Tasting Rome: Fresh Flavors and Forgotten Recipes from an Ancient CityTasting Rome: Fresh Flavors and Forgotten Recipes from an Ancient City by Katie Parla
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Publication date: March 2016
Source: Review copy from Blogging for Books

This is a beautiful book, but for me it fails slightly in the useful cookbook department.

The cover and photographs inside are quite lovely. I like the descriptions and history of Rome. There is a lot of information here. So I guess that's good in a way.

What it was missing was pictures of a lot of the recipes. Some recipes had no picture, and some included a picture of scenery instead of the food. Is day about half had a picture of the recipe.

Then there were a lot of ingredients that I wouldn't be able to find in my little Utah suburb. But I was really interested in the pizza and bread section, and suspect that I'll try at least a few of those recipes.

So overall not my favorite cookbook, but still enjoyable to look at and read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment