Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Book Review: Only in Naples

In the tradition of M. F. K. Fisher and Peter Mayle, this enchantingly warm and witty memoir follows American-born Katherine Wilson on her adventures abroad, where a three-month rite of passage in Naples turns into a permanent embrace of this boisterous city on the Mediterranean. It is all thanks to a surprising romance, a new passion for food, and a spirited woman who will become her mother-in-law—and teach her to laugh, to seize joy, and to love.

  Only in Naples: Lessons in Food and Famiglia from My Italian Mother-in-LawOnly in Naples: Lessons in Food and Famiglia from My Italian Mother-in-Law by Katherine Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Publication date: April 19, 2016
Source: Netgalley

I don't know what it was about this book that made me like it so much. On the surface, it's really not my style of book, but I requested it from Netgalley cause I was interested in reading more travel memoirs.

The writing style really drew me in, and I quite liked Katherine. I found her story really fun to read, even though nothing very exciting ever happened.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment