Monday, September 28, 2015

Book Review: Keeper of the Lost Cities

Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Publication date : October  2012
Source : library, but I would purchase this

I'm having a hard time figuring out why this book isn't more popular, and why I'm not hearing about it all over the place. I mean, obviously I heard about it at one point, or I wouldn't have added it to my tbr list, but I think it should definitely be more well known. It's really good.

I have read a few reviews that call it a copy of Harry Potter. While I honestly think it's just about as good as Harry Potter, I wouldn't call it a copy at all. Yes, there are some similarities. But that's true of just about all books nowadays. There really is nothing new under the sun. There are bound to be similar elements in books, especially if you read a lot, and more especially if you're looking for them.

I think this book stands on its own, and is a fantastic addition to its genre. The setting was really fun and memorable. I loved the main character, and there were a lot of side characters to like as well. The plot moves at a great pace, and was never slow or boring. I would definitely recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment