Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Book review: Deluge

Deluge (River of Time, #4)Deluge by Lisa Tawn Bergren
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Publication date: 2014
Source: library

I think the best thing about time travel novels is the fish out of water aspect for the character who did the traveling. We are well past that at this point in the series, so that interesting part was not there for me.

And this book was just extremely slow to start. I was quite bored, and it took way too long for me to get sucked into the story.

I don't remember how the previous books were, but there was a lot of modern slang and references, like The Walking Dead, that jarred me out of the story. I get that these girls were from the future, but it almost seemed like the author was trying a little too hard to remind us of that.

Other reviewers have commented on the similarity in voice of Gabi and Lia. I wish the author had made them more unique, or done away with the varying narration altogether. There were too many times I had to go back and see who was supposed to be narrating.

Besides all that, and I know it seems like a lot, the story did pick up quite a bit, and it was really good and hard to put down at the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment