Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Book Review: Nine by Night pt. 1

I received Nine by Night for review from Netgalley. Since it is nine books long, I will periodically post some short reviews for the books included in the collection. Here are the first two:

Witch Hunt  (Preternatural Affairs, #1)Witch Hunt by S.M. Reine
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
 This was okay, but I didn't love it. It's different reading an urban fantasy from a male POV, so I guess that was nice. The romance, what there was of it, was annoying to me. I didn't buy it, and it happened way too fast. Which I guess was my main problem with the book as a whole, is everything moved so fast. There was a lot of plot, but not a ton of world or character building.



Death's Servant (The V V Inn, #0.1)Death's Servant by C.J. Ellisson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I read this as part of the larger Nine by Night collection that I got for review from Netgalley. I really feel like this will only appeal to fans of the V V Inn series, which I had never heard of before reading this novella. I don't think it's aimed at all as an introduction to the series, because it just didn't seem to be written in a way for the reader to meet and connect with these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment