Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Book Review: The Chocolate Thief by Laura Florand

The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat #1)The Chocolate Thief by Laura Florand
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I really did not care for this one at all. The worst part of the book was that it was really, really boring.

Besides that, weren't the characters supposed to be speaking in French most of the time? But for the purposes of the book, it was in English, presumably so non-French speaking readers would understand. So why was there so much French sprinkled throughout? It was really distracting, especially when I have no idea what the characters are saying. It didn't set the mood or anything for me, it just drew me right out of the story.

Except for that I was never fully in the story because I was not only bored, but I really didn't like the characters at all. I thought I would love this book because it's about Paris and chocolate, two of my favorite things. But not even that could save it. Man, it was just awful.


No comments:

Post a Comment