Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wheel of Time Reading

I've just finished The Shadow Rising, and it's definitely the best of the series so far.  It has taken four books, but I finally feel invested in this series to the point where I really, really care what happens.  I think before this I would have been fine never finishing the series, but now I'm at the point where I might pick up the next book right away.  I can't wait to see what happens next.

I just read that A Memory of Light, the final book in the Wheel of Time series, is set to be released January 8, 2013.  I see a lot of complaining from faithful readers of the series about having to wait so long, and I can definitely understand that.  I hate waiting.  But it's great news for me.  I'll have plenty of time to get all caught up, and be ready to read the final book when it comes out.  So I'm selfishly happy, but I do feel sorry for all those who have been waiting so long. 


3 comments:

  1. I'm just about to finish Lord of Chaos and while you can definitely feel the slow-down happening, I still can't put it down. Also, Shadow Rising is probably my favorite too although Eye of the World holds a special place for introducing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes too long to read these books! I started re-reading them a while ago, but now I think I'd have to go back to the beginning again because I forget what happened.

    Btw Brenda, I tagged you in my blog if you feel like participating in one of those question-answer blog posts that have been spreading across the blogosphere. It's a good excuse to post and let people get to know you a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha also presenting you with the Liebster Award. This is what you get for being one of my visited blogs!

    ReplyDelete