Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Review: The Dragon Reborn

I had a hard time getting through Book 2 of the Wheel of Time, but I really enjoyed this one. It had pretty much everything I love about epic fantasy books. I think I need to read the stories a little closer together, though, because there's so much going on, it's hard to remember what happened in the previous books.

The one thing that did bug me is the repeated use of phrases. I got so tired of hearing how Nynaeve tugged on her braid. She does it at least once a page (when she's in the story, that is).

I'm looking forward to continuing on with the series, especially since it's going to be completed very soon. I love not having to wait on books.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also finding I'm forgetting everything that has happened in the past books, because so much happens! But it is such a huge task to go back and read them all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I barely have enough time to read them through once--I can't imagine having time for a re-read. I remember finding a wiki page for the Game of Thrones series, which really helped me catch up without re-reading. I bet there's something similar for Wheel of Time. I'll have to look next time I read one and there's a big time gap between.

      Delete