Monday, April 11, 2011

Graphic Novel Mini Reviews

Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The First Death (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter (Marvel Paper))
Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The First Death (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter (Marvel Paper))

I've read a few of the Anita Blake graphic novels, and I actually prefer them to the regular books, although I've only ever read Guilty Pleasures.  I think this story lends itself well to the graphic novel medium.



Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 1
Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 1

I didn't like this at all.  As you can tell from my blog title, I really love fairy tales.  But here I didn't care for the writing, and the artwork, while colorful, wasn't great. A lot of the people had tiny heads on big bodies or arms that were bigger than their heads. Could've been better.



Y: The Last Man, Vol. 3: One Small Step Y: The Last Man, Vol. 3: One Small Step 

I really loved the first book in this series, and thought the concept was extremely thought provoking.  The second one fell flat for me, but the story picks up again in this third volume.  I'm liking the characters and I'm very interested to see where things go from here.  This is one series I'll be sticking with.

No comments:

Post a Comment