Thursday, September 10, 2009

REVIEW - I Heart Bloomberg

I Heart Bloomberg is about one obnoxious woman named Kendall whose grandmother gave her a house. She decides to rent out the extra three bedrooms as a way to make some extra money so she doesn't have to work. The house is in pretty bad condition, and the amount of rent she wanted was too high. So the three girls she decides to rent the rooms to talk her down in price in exchange for fixing up the house a bit.

I feel like I just gave away the whole plot. In a way, I did. There's really not a whole lot to the story. It's just about getting to know the four women, with each chapter being about a different girl. Not very much happened in this story, and to be honest, I kept expecting something.

Now, it sounds like I didn't like the book, but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought the characters were interesting, if a bit cardboard at times, and Kendall was one of those characters that you love to hate. Or just hate, but who keep the story interesting. I kind of liked that it was told from different viewpoints, even though there were times when I wanted to just keep reading about what happened with one character.

This was the start of a series, and I think I'll keep reading. I'm interested to see the characters interact more, and have more to the story than just introductory stuff. I would rate this book 4/5, and would recommend it to chick-lit lovers. It was very very light on the Christianity, so I hesitate to even qualify it as Christian fiction, although it was. So if you're looking for something really inspirational, look elsewhere. And if you just like chick-lit, but don't really like religious stuff in your books, this one is pretty safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment