Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Book Review: Legacy of Kings

Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals, #1)Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Publication Date: August 18, 2015 by Harlequin Teen
Source: Netgalley review copy

Alexander, Macedonia’s sixteen-year-old heir, is on the brink of discovering his fated role in conquering the known world but finds himself drawn to newcomer Katerina, who must navigate the dark secrets of court life while hiding her own mission: kill the Queen. But Kat’s first love, Jacob, will go to unthinkable lengths to win her, even if it means competing for her heart with Hephaestion, a murderer sheltered by the prince. And far across the sea, Zofia, a Persian princess and Alexander’s unmet fiancĂ©e, wants to alter her destiny by seeking the famed and deadly Spirit Eaters.

I really didn't care for this one. The way the story was told in third person, present tense is not a style I like at all. And then it kept shifting to different characters, and by the time I got back with a character I had forgotten what was going on with them. It seemed like there was just way too much going on altogether. This is not something I'd recommend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment