Thursday, May 7, 2015

Book Review: Boywatching

BoywatchingBoywatching by Chloe Bennet
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Publication Date: June 4, 2015 by Orchard Books
Source: Netgalley review copy

The annual joint school dance (aka the Snog Fest) is looming, and Chloe and her three best friends are determined not to repeat last year's disaster, which led to Year 9's top Mean Girl, Maggie, humiliating them online as a pack of sad losers. First they need to figure out just what's going with the utterly incomprehensible yet strangely attractive St Thomas's boys - and so the science of BoyWatching is born...

This reminded me so much of the Georgia Nicholson books by Louise Rennison. I liked those 10+ years ago, but the most recent one I read I didn't care for. So I think this type of book just isn't my thing anymore. There really wasn't any plot here. It was about young teenage girls going to school, hanging out, and talking about boys. That was seriously it. Just not enough to really hold my interest (even though I did finish it).

No comments:

Post a Comment