Saturday, March 14, 2015

Book Review: Dead Heat

Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega, #4)Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Publication Date: March 3, 2015
Source: Netgalley review copy

For once, mated werewolves Charles and Anna are not traveling because of Charles’s role as his father’s enforcer. This time, their trip to Arizona is purely personal, as Charles plans to buy Anna a horse for her birthday. Or at least it starts out that way...

Charles and Anna soon discover that a dangerous Fae being is on the loose, replacing human children with simulacrums. The Fae’s cold war with humanity is about to heat up—and Charles and Anna are in the cross fire. 


I liked this okay, but it wasn't my favorite by this author. I seem to be liking her books less and less lately. Dead Heat seemed to get really bogged down with all the horse talk, and I found it rather slow in the middle. Even though this is the 4th book in the series, I didn't feel much of a connection with the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment