Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Book Review: Some Fine Day

Some Fine DaySome Fine Day by Kat Ross
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Publication Date: July 2014
Source: Netgalley 

Sixteen-year-old Jansin Nordqvist is on the verge of graduating from the black ops factory known as the Academy. She's smart and deadly, and knows three things with absolute certainty:
1. When the world flooded and civilization retreated deep underground, there was no one left on the surface.
2. The only species to thrive there are the toads, a primate/amphibian hybrid with a serious mean streak.
3. There's no place on Earth where you can hide from the hypercanes, continent-sized storms that have raged for decades.
Jansin has been lied to. On all counts.


This book was decent. I enjoyed it while I was reading it, for the most part, but I think in the end it is very forgettable. There was nothing that particularly grabbed my interest. While I liked the idea of humans having to live underground, I don't think the world building was particularly good in this one.

The characters were okay. I didn't hate the main character, but I didn't necessarily love her either. And the love interest was just there.

All in all, this book is okay to read to pass some time, but there was really nothing special about it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment