Thursday, June 19, 2014

Book Review: The Body in the Woods

The Body in the Woods (Point Last Seen, #1)The Body in the Woods by April Henry
My rating: DNF
Publication Date: June 17, 2014
Source: Netgalley review copy

In this new series told from multiple perspectives, teen members of a search and rescue team discover a dead body in the woods.

Alexis, Nick, and Ruby have very different backgrounds: Alexis has spent her life covering for her mom’s mental illness, Nick’s bravado hides his fear of not being good enough, and Ruby just wants to pursue her eccentric interests in a world that doesn’t understand her. When the three teens join Portland County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue, they are teamed up to search for a autistic man lost in the woods. What they find instead is a dead body. In a friendship that will be forged in danger, fear, and courage, the three team up to find the girl’s killer—before he can strike one of their own
.



The characters in this book are well written, and I feel like they all have their own voice, so that part of the story is good. Unfortunately the plot just isn't to my taste. I'm not really enjoying this at all, so I'm going to stop reading, about halfway through.

I've found that I don't really care about the mystery aspect of this, and it's just not my type of book. I feel like those who grew up on Nancy Drew and are still looking for that kind of thing may like it. Or even a new generation who is looking for books about teenagers solving mysteries might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment