Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Book Review: Dreams of Gods & Monsters

Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Publication Date: April 2014
Source: bought

 Daughter of Smoke and Bone #3

This was such a beautiful book. It was a love story at its core, but also so very much more than that. This book reminds me of a quote by Tolkien from LotR:

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."

I loved this whole trilogy, and would highly recommend it. It's all about the power that love can have. I've read complaints that the love story and the angst between the two main characters overshadows real suffering, but I don't agree. I think the whole trilogy is meant to illustrate the power that love and hope can have over hate and suffering.

The only thing that kept this from being 5 stars (which I reserve for favorite books) was that I felt the ending got a bit convoluted.

No comments:

Post a Comment