Friday, November 8, 2013

Book Review: OMG That's Paleo?

Omg. That's Paleo?Omg. That's Paleo? by Juli Bauer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OMG. That's Paleo? features 30 new recipes never seen before on author Juli Bauer's blog, paleomg.com, as well as a selection of her best blog recipes. Sections include poultry, beef, pork, fish/seafood, slow cooker, sweet and savory breakfasts, baked goods, 5-ingredient meals, side dishes, snacks and desserts; and each recipe features a color photo. Juli also writes about the paleo diet in general and why it works for her, suggestions for keeping a kitchen well stocked, and recommended resources for further reading. And just like her blog, you can expect plenty of funny stories and awkward moments.

This is not your usual cookbook. Juli writes just like she does on her blog, PaleOMG, and she is very funny. When reading this cookbook, it feels like talking to a friend. I don't think I've ever laughed at a cookbook, or even really been entertained, until now.

But what really matters with a cookbook is the food, right? I admit, I have only cooked one recipe from this cookbook, and that is one that was also posted on her blog. But it was really good. I've also made a couple of other recipes from her blog that were delicious. So, even though I haven't cooked a bunch from this particular cookbook, I know her recipes are good.

If you're looking into eating Paleo, or even just want another good cookbook to add to your collection, I recommend this.

*I received an e-copy of this book from Netgalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment