Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Book Review: Jane Vows Vengeance

Jane Vows Vengeance: A NovelJane Vows Vengeance: A Novel by Michael Thomas Ford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Publication: February 2012 by Random House
Source: Netgalley

I had not ever heard of this series before, and although I hate not starting at the beginning of a series, I didn't feel lost and the book seemed easy to follow.

I love Jane Austen, and when I saw the description for this book on Netgalley--Jane Austen as a vampire--I was very interested. The writing sucked me right in and this was just a quick, fun read. The characters traveled all over Europe on an architectural tour, which would make you think that the setting would play a big role in the story, but for me it really didn't. I feel like the book was more character driven.

I would have liked to have read the previous books first, as I think it would have added to my enjoyment of the story, but I didn't and I can't change it now. :) So I'll just go back and read them. This is an author I will be following. I really enjoyed his writing style and his very, very proper use of grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment