Monday, October 3, 2011

Review: Dragons of the Valley



With an invasion of her country imminent, Tipper Schope is drawn into a mission to keep three important statues from falling into the enemy’s clutches. Her friend, the artist Bealomondore, helps her execute the plan, and along the way he learns to brandish a sword rather than a paintbrush. 
As odd disappearances and a rash of volatile behavior sweep Chiril, no one is safe. A terrible danger has made his vicious presence known: The Grawl, a hunter unlike any creature encountered before. 
To restore their country, Tipper, Bealomondore, and their party must hide the statues in the Valley of the Dragons and find a way to defeat the invading army. When it falls to the artistic Bealomondore to wield his sword as powerfully and naturally as a paintbrush, will he answer Wulder’s call for a champion?

If I were giving away an award to an author with the most imagination, I would probably give it to Donita K. Paul. I've read all of her books so far, and have never failed to be amazed at how imaginative and just plain amazing her world-building is.

Dragons of the Valley is no exception, and I enjoyed myself the whole way through. These are characters you come to love and a story with enough action that you'll want to keep reading. There's not very much Christian fantasy out there, and I really appreciate Christian authors who put out good books like these.

The religion is not too heavy handed, which I always watch for and try to warn other readers of in my reviews. This can be read and enjoyed by anyone who's looking for a fun fantasy. It's part of a series, but I think it can be read on it's own just fine. I would recommend all of Donita K. Paul's books, though, starting with the Dragonkeeper Chronicles and then continuing on from there

No comments:

Post a Comment