Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review: A Dance With Dragons


A Dance With Dragons is book 5 in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin.

I'll start off by saying that I adore Martin's writing and this series in particular.  Because of this, I think any book in the Song of Ice and Fire series will get 5 stars from me. 

That said, I was a bit disappointed in this one.  I enjoyed reading it, but after years of waiting, I expected a little bit more.  It feels like not a whole lot happened to progress the plot.  And then there were new character viewpoints that I couldn't have cared less about, and wondered if we really needed new viewpoints at this point.  Especially since we didn't hear much about some characters. 

Part of me is annoyed at this whole series, but the bigger part of me still loves it and loves the writing and the world and all that comes with it.  I'd say the series peaked with A Storm of Swords, and has just gone downhill from there, but when it peaks so high, even going downhill it's still miles ahead of most fantasy I've read. 

A Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five

No comments:

Post a Comment