Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trailer Tuesday: Thor

I'm trying out a new feature on my blog where I'll talk about upcoming (usually) movies that are based on books.  So for today I'm going to focus on the highly anticipated (at least at my house) Thor.  If you were to visit my house, it probably wouldn't take you long to figure out we've got some Marvel fans around here.  The calendars, pictures on boys' bedroom walls, DVDs, t-shirts, comic books, etc. would all clue you in pretty quickly.

That said, Thor has never really been a favorite character for any of us.   Besides my husband wanting to name our youngest son Thor* (which, incidentally, didn't have anything to do with the character and more to do with the fact that he thought it sounded cool), we've all looked elsewhere when it comes to favorite characters.  I'm still counting down the days until May 6th, and the wait is trying my patience.

So, this isn't your regular book to movie adaptation.  I do realize not everyone reads comic books, but I do and it's my blog, so that's what you're getting today.  I actually haven't read many Thor-centered comics or graphic novels.  But, here's what I have read:

The Mighty Thor: Loki HCThe Mighty Thor: Loki HC

This was more about Loki than Thor, but that's it for me.  I haven't read any others.  My son used to get the Super Hero Squad comic books before that series ended, and Thor was one of the characters in those.

I do plan on reading more Thor in the future, and there's definitely a plethora of graphic novels to choose from.  Here are a few, if you're looking to brush up on your Thor reading before the movie comes out:

Thor Omnibus 
Thor: Latverian Prometheus
Thor: Ages of Thunder
And, of course, as a big promoter of local comic book stores, I have to suggest you find yours and check out one of the running series.

Now we come to the best part.  The trailer for the upcoming movie.  I could just about pee my pants, I'm so excited.  It looks fantastic!  Superhero fans, enjoy:



*I told my husband the only way we were naming our baby Thor is if he came out carrying a hammer. Fortunately for me, he didn't.

1 comment:

  1. We have 2 comic stores locally that we frequent(one is really geared more towards anime, but still has a good comic selection)and I agree, support the local comic store!

    I am also looking forward to seeing Thor the day it comes out. Kids will be in school and I will have popcorn. :P

    ReplyDelete