Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Review: Green Eyed Demon

I was a little disappointed in this one.  I have to say, I thought the first book, Red-Headed Stepchild, was just okay.  But then The Mage in Black was a lot better.  This third book took a step way back in the wrong direction, and I think was probably the weakest of the series so far.

Sabina does seem to have grown as a character.  She's not so quick to get angry and want to do violence at every turn, but there was another character just like that to make up for it.  I'm just finding it really hard to like any of these characters.
Each of the books in the series has taken place in a different city.  This time we were in New Orleans, and the setting was very well-written.  I could really get a feel for the place, and I liked it better than any of the characters.  :)

Those who read the first two books in the series will most likely want to continue on with this one, and there's really no reason not to.  Although the series has been fairly uneven, I'm hoping that the next book will be better.  This is definitely not my favorite urban fantasy series, but it's interesting enough that I'll keep reading.


Book Details
Author: Jaye Wells
Genre: urban fantasy
Page Count: 400
Publishing Info: February 22, 2011 by Little, Brown and Company
Why I Read It: netgalley review copy, third in a series
Grade: C- (not great, good enough to keep me with the series)
Cover Thoughts: I'm definitely not in love with this cover, although I think it goes well with the rest of the covers in the series.

1 comment:

  1. It's always sad when part of a series is not as good as the rest of it >.<

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books

    ReplyDelete