Monday, December 13, 2010

Me on Mondays - Dec. 13th

This past weekend I've been working on getting all ready for Christmas, and I'm getting close, although I'm not there yet.  My husband gave me an early Christmas present--a new laptop, which I'm really excited about.  It's nice to be able to relax on the couch and read all my blogs and stuff.

The Tourist I went with a friend yesterday and saw The Tourist.  I hadn't seen any previews, and I had no idea what it was about going in, and I'm not sure if that made things better or worse.  I like both Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie, and they did fine here, but I didn't love the movie.  It was interesting, but it wasn't spectacular.  It's definitely a renter and not a full price at the theater movie.

Also last night I watched the finale of The Amazing Race.  I think it was the first time in reality TV history that the team I was rooting for actually won.  It wasn't very tense, and about halfway through you could tell who was going to win, but I didn't care.  It's nice to be happy about a finale for once.

Stargate Atlantis - The Complete Fourth Season My husband and I have been making our way through Stargate Atlantis.  We don't have cable, so I never watched it on TV.  I've watched most of the DVD's previously, so I've seen the first four seasons and a few shows of season 5.  It's just as good on the second watch.  This show and Friends are my all-time favorite shows, and I'd be hard pressed to say which one I liked more.  Probably because they're completely different types of shows.  They're not really comparable.  Stargate Atlantis is a must see for all sci-fi lovers, though.

This week I'm hoping to get a little bit more reading done than usual.  If I can keep my computer time to a minimum, I should be able to get a few books read.  This week I'm hoping to finish:
Wolfsbane and MistletoeMarysvaleThe Ten ThousandAlcatraz Versus The Knights Of CrystalliaChristmas Letters

That might be a little ambitious for me, but I'm partway through Marysvale already, the Christmas books should be fairly quick reads, and the Alcatraz book is a fast YA read.  We'll see.  That's it for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment