Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Silver Borne

Title: Silver Borne
Author: Patricia Briggs
Genre: Paranormal
Page Count: 342
Why I read it: 5th in a series
Grade: A

Synopsis:
When mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson attempts to return a powerful Fae book she'd previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down. It seems the book contains secret knowledge-and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side-leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit. All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she might not have many more to live...

My review:
After not loving the previous book in the series (although I still liked it), I'm happy to say that I'm fully back on board with Mercy. This was a great book that left me feeling so many different emotions. I'll admit, at the beginning of the book I wondered if Mercy's story had been told, and if it was just being dragged out now, but reading this book changed my mind, because I love these characters and I want more of them.

Up until this book, I haven't been feeling the Mercy and Adam love. I'm not sure why, because I like both characters a lot, but I didn't like them together. Now they're one of my favorite literary couples. What a difference a book makes! I love the characters Patricia Briggs writes--she has a way of making you care about them, and boy did I feel really sad a lot of the time while reading, because the characters were so sad.

I really love this series, and would highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree--it's about time Mercy bonded with Adam. I was so glad to finally have Sam's story move along too.

    ReplyDelete