Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January Reading Summary

I'm a bit late with the summary for last month, but I'm trying to make a goal this year to write wrap up posts for each month.  It's always nice to look back and see a quick summary.

So, for January I finished 20 books:
  1. Fire by Kristin Cashore
  2. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  3. Y: The Last Man - Unmanned by Brian K. Vaughan
  4. Captain America: The Man With No Face by Ed Brubaker
  5. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
  6. Blankets by Craig Thompson
  7. Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo by Obert Skye
  8. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  9. The Language of Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
  10. Y: The Last Man - Cycles by Brian K. Vaughan
  11. The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
  12. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
  13. Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines
  14. Comfort Living by Christine Eisner
  15. The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman
  16. The Farwalker's Quest by Joni Sensel
  17. Captain America: Road to Reborn by Ed Brubaker
  18. Play it Again, SAHM by Meredith Efken
  19. Gone by Michael Grant
  20. Persepolis 1 by Marjane Satrapi
The best book for this month was:
I loved this book so much!  Kristin Cashore is becoming one of my very favorite authors, and I'll be reading whatever she writes.  I loved the characters and the story.  Everything about it was excellent.








The worst book this month was:
Going Bovine by Libba Bray.  This one was a DNF for me.  I've read so many good reviews from bloggers whose book judgement I trust, so I'm not sure what my problem was.  I think it was mostly that I just wasn't in the mood.  It seems like one of those books that you have to be in the right frame of mind for.

I'm noticing a trend of a lot of YA books and graphic novels, which is okay since those are the ones I need to read the most of for challenges.  I'd like to get a few more longer, heavier books in, though.

3 comments:

  1. So much love for FIRE. It blew me away and I think it was the best YA of the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. That is why I have passed this award on to you.

    http://thoughtsonbekahslife.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-first-award-quite-exciting.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 books -- way to go! I lover your blog header, too.

    ReplyDelete