Thursday, December 31, 2009

Speculative Fiction Challenge 2010 -COMPLETE




24 / 24 books. 100% done




I wasn't going to join anymore challenges, but then I saw this one, and I thought I could definitely do it, since I'd be doing it anyway.  Speculative fiction (sci-fi and fantasy, anyway) is my favorite genre, so this'll be easy!

Here's what I've read so far this year:
  1. Fire by Kristin Cashore
  2. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  3. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
  4. Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo by Obert Skye
  5. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  6. The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
  7. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
  8. The Farwalker's Quest by Joni Sensel
  9. Gone by Michael Grant
  10. Dull Boy by Sarah Cross
  11. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
  12. Original Sin by Allison Brennan
  13. Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
  14. Alanna the First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
  15. Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs
  16. Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
  17. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
  18. Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue by Chuck Black
  19. Raven's Ladder by Jeffrey Overstreet
  20. Aurian by Maggie Furey
  21. Fallen by Lauren Kate
  22. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
  23. In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce
  24. The River Kings' Road by Liane Merciel

And here are the rules:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. 

2. There are four levels:

Inquisitive – Read 3 Speculative Fiction novels.

Enthusiastic – Read 6 Speculative Fiction novels.

Addicted – Read 12 Speculative Fiction novels.

Obsessed – Read 24 Speculative Fiction novels.

3. Any book format counts.

4. You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone! 

5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.

6. If you decide to participate in this challenge please use the links I have set up below with the buttons to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun.




7. If you decide to join this challenge be sure to create a post telling others, please make sure you add a link back to this post so others can join in.

-------------------------------------------------------
 
I'll be doing the obsessed level.  I've already got a few science fiction and fantasy novels lined up for other challenges, but I'll be reading a bunch more throughout the year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda! Thanks for joining my Speculative Fiction challenge. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the speculative ficction challenge too. I'm following your blog too now. I love speculative fiction.

    ReplyDelete