Thursday, December 3, 2009

Books to Movies Challenge

button,30 Books To Movies

I'm gearing up for my 2010 reading, so I'm looking around for fun challenges to do, and this one caught my eye.  The challenge:

Timeline: 01 Jan 2010 - 31 Dec 2010
Goal: To read 30 books that have been adapted into movies, and watch said movies
Details:
• You don't have to select your books ahead of time. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
• If you decide to join this challenge be sure to create a post telling others. Also, please make sure you add a link back to this post so others can join in. You can join at any time!
• Non-bloggers may enter as well. If you have a blog, please post the review of BOTH the book and movie on your blog, detailing:
a) Your honest opinions of the book and movie
b) Which one did you enjoy more (book or movie?)
c) What do you think is so good about the book for it to have been made into a movie
Make sure you label the reviews with “30 Books To Movies” so it’ll be easier for me to link them.
• Series only count as one entry. For example, even though there are 7 Harry Potter books, altogether they only count as 1 of the 30 books because they belong to the same series.
• At the end of the challenge, I'll randomly pick 2 participants to receive some goodies. Note that participants are only eligible to win the goodies if they've posted all the reviews of the 30 books and movies on their blog.
--------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do 30 books.  I'm a fairly fast reader, but if I try for long books, it's just not going to happen.  Especially with my "books to read before I die" challenge, where I picked a bunch of doorstoppers.  I think I'm just going to try for 20.  I probably won't even get that far, but if I happen to read a lot and read extra fast, I'll pick some more.

Books I'd like to try:
  1. Big Fish by Daniel Wallace
  2. Jumper by Steven Gould
  3. Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  4. Dune by Frank Herbert
  5. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  6. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
  7. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  8. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  9. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
  10. Emma by Jane Austen
  11. Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke
  12. V for Vendetta by Alan Moore
  13. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  14. The Prestige by Christopher Priest
  15. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
  16. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore
  17. 300 by Frank Miller
  18. The Surrogates by Robert Venditti
  19. House by Frank Peretti
  20. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick (Blade Runner)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining! The challenge will be running for a year, so I think there will be more than enough time for you to finish 30 books and movies, even if it's at a pace of one book per week!

    Also, you forgot to sign up for the challenge. If you don't sign up, you won't be eligible for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete