Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ink Exchange

Title: Ink Exchange
Author: Melissa Marr
Genre: YA urban fantasy
Got it from: library
Why I read it: second in a series
Grade: B

Synopsis:
The new peace between the Summer King and the Winter Queen isn’t good for everyone: those of the Dark Court, who feed on faeries’ destructive emotions, are dangerously weakened. Irial, King of the Dark Court, needs a solution, and he finds one in the Summer Queen’s mortal friend Leslie. Tormented by memories of abuse, Leslie wants nothing more than to reclaim her body by getting a tattoo, but the enchanted design she selects provides Irial with a direct link to mortals’ emotions. The tattoo binds Leslie and Irial together even as a third faerie works to prevent their destructive yet seductive connection.

My review:
I liked this one, but I felt there was something lacking, something that was there in the first book, but not in this one.  I think it may have been a lack of connection with the main characters.  I felt bad for Leslie, but I didn't really like her.  In fact, I think I kind of felt like all the main characters had things rough, but it didn't make me necessarily like them.

The writing was still great.  I liked her descriptions of the different kinds of faeries, even though I couldn't picture what she was describing a lot of the time.  I will be continuing on with this series, and would recommend it for urban fantasy lovers or fairy lovers.  Actually, I think that may be what makes me like these books, where I might not like them as well otherwise, I'm a huge lover of all things fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment