Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TT - Bon Appetit

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teasers:

"Wow, this is unusual--old and interesting," he said as we took my typical path past the rough rock walls, the stucco houses with age cracks lining their dignified faces, the wooden shutters keeping out both weather and change. He seemed surprised at the pleasant way people exchanged "Bonjour!" with one another on the streets.


Sandra Byrd has become one of my favorite authors. She has written quite a few young adult books that I haven't read, and only three adult novels. Don't you wish your favorite authors could write faster?

5 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with this author, but she really sets the scene with that short passage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to wonder why he is surprised in what she thinks of as a 'typical' situation. Interesting - and good teaser choice!

    Mine is from Barry Smith's Only Milo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Sandra Byrd!!!! I cannot wait until she writes a new adult series because this series has gotten me hooked on her writing. I loved every single book. :o)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DO judge a book by its cover and this one is yummy. Have not heard of this author. Thanks for stopping by my teaser. Love your little lady in your header! I added on as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I haven't heard of this book, but the cover is adorable. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete