Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Vanishing Sculptor

I finished The Vanishing Sculptor this afternoon. I had about a chapter left and then I took a break from reading, because I didn't want it to be over yet. But alas, it had to end sometime.

This is a story of a young girl whose father has disappeared. She has to sell most of his sculptures to keep their household running. One day he returns and she finds that they must find three of the sculptures she has stolen. The rest of the book tells about their quest to find them.

This would be a great book to read with your kids, or for your older kids to read on their own. The only drawback I found in this book was that it ended, and it seemed a bit abrupt. I really hope that this is the start of a new series because I want to read more!

Also recommended is Donita K. Paul's Dragonkeeper series.

No comments:

Post a Comment